Here’s a rather bizarre, but fabulous collection of 20 strange laws from across the world. Most of these laws still remain in the books today, even if rarely enforced.
- In Texas, it’s against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession
- In Philadelphia, you can’t put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760
- Alaska law says that you can’t look at a moose from an airplane
- It is against the law to mispronounce the name of the State of Arkansas in that State
- California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in a housecoat
- In Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum
- In West Virginia, only babies can ride in a baby carriage
- In Georgia, it is against the law to slap a man on the back or front
- In Michigan, it is against the law for a lady to lift her skirt more than 6 inches while walking through a mud puddle.
- In Kentucky, it’s the law that a person must take a bath once a year
- In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway
- In the state of Colorado, a pet cat, if loose, must have a tail-light
- In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of bologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday
- In the State of Kansas, you’re not allowed to drive a buffalo through a street
- In Florida, it is against the law to put livestock on a school bus
- In Virginia, chickens cannot lay eggs before 8:00 a.m., and must be done before 4:00 p.m
- In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned
- In California, a law created in 1925 makes it illegal to wiggle while dancing
- The law states that more than 3000 sheep cannot be herded down Hollywood Blvd. at any one time
- In Phoenix, Arizona, you can’t walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on
Subscribe to Markets
Why not subscribe to receive the latest market news straight to your inbox to clinch the best deal!
If you require technical information about our products, then please login here to access the most upto date information...
Let's take a look at this...
© 2019 TM Duché & Sons Ltd